Appearance and Supply
What Urban Wood Looks Like
Locally-sourced. Responsibly-produced. Salvaged. Reclaimed. Re-purposed. There are many reasons why business owners and homeowners seek out building materials native to Wisconsin. Whether they are environmentally-conscious, looking to support local businesses, or want to celebrate the vibrant community in which we live, products with a story provide a connection that resonates with all who pass through the finished space.
Urban wood comes exclusively from trees that have been removed due to circumstance. In the lumber-making process, the entire tree is recovered and put to its highest and best use — two key tenets of sustainable urban forestry.
A large part of urban wood’s story is the one that each board tells without speaking a word:
- With nature in charge of inventory, available quantities and species vary by what the forest gives.
- Rich and varied character across species is a window into the life the tree lived — constraints, adaptations, damage, and all.
- The entire log is used in every order, yielding the entire spectrum of possible grades from clear to full of character
- No two boards are alike, making every application a work of art
- Following are limited examples of the inherent qualities available in
- Wisconsin Urban Wood across species. Samples were treated with a clear coat.
Contact us to learn about available inventory or how we can custom-source for your project.
When an urban wood species you are looking for is unavailable, there may be an abundant amount of another species that has a similar grain pattern and can be stained to match.
Information to help you incorporate urban wood into your next project. We want you to have everything you need to utilize urban wood.
Get in touch with us to request more information. We take pride in providing you with the highest-quality product and service.