Utilizing Wisconsin’s Urban Wood.
Just a friendly reminder that on November 9th, I will be a featured speaker at an event at the UW-Milwaukee School of Architecture and Urban Planning. Register now to learn about the role both private and public entities in Wisconsin are playing in the development of a viable urban wood industry.
Engage in discussions on the multiple benefits of utilizing local resources in the built environment. Then, take a tour of the UW-Milwaukee Children’s Learning Center to see a first-hand application of urban wood. I hope to see you there!
Presented by USGBC Wisconsin
Pending Credits: 1.0 GBCI CE & AIA LU
Schedule of Events
- 5:00-5:30 p.m. — Registration and light refreshments
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. — All about urban wood and application with Dwayne Sperber
- 6:30-6:45 p.m. — Walk to Children’s Learning Center
- 6:45-7:30 p.m. — Tour Center with Dwayne Sperber, Brian Scotty, and Lisa Mosier
- Dwayne Sperber is the Owner and Founder of Wudeward Urban Forest Products, serves as an Advisor and Founding Partner of Wisconsin Urban Wood, and is an Appointed Member of the Wisconsin Urban Forestry Council.
- Brian Scotty, LEED AP, is Principal Project Manager with Quorum Architects and worked on the UWM Children’s Learning Center.
- Lisa Mosier is Director of the UWM Children’s Learning Center.
This event will take place at the School of Architecture and Urban Planning at UWM.
2131 East Hartford Avenue Milwaukee , WI 53211Posted by Gravity Posted on 07 Nov